Thursday, October 20, 2011

Some Interesting People

Disclaimer to Friends: If I haven't mentioned you in this article it does not mean you are not special to me. You must already know I don't have the patience to write pages and pages.  May be someday when I think of writing a book on the people in my life I will count each and every single one of you. This post is to highlight people I met through uncommon and interesting ways.  Also I shall not give out proper names - for your privacy ofcourse.. but you should know when I'm talking about you.. hopefully

I have to say I have a good memory (most of the times). Today I was going through my friends list on a social networking site (I know that you know that I'm talking about Facebook) and remembering how we became friends. Some I share some interesting moments with, some through a common friend only to realise how freakin similar we are and then somehow we ended up becoming closer friends than with the one who actually introduced us. I'd like to narrate this chronologically.

Some how I don't remember the first friend I ever made - probably because it was an entire class I saw (getting a feeling I'm rambling now... May be writing in the reverse order is better)

The most recent friends I made were two people (RK and JK) with whom I had interacted only through this blog.  How I met them was because of another common blogger friend (BM) whose posts I much love to read  and the people I met were also his fans :P... now what's special about this is I don't really go about adding everybody who follows this blog :P I had added BM on FB after reading his articles. The plan was to meet up with BM because he was coming to this city but eventually ended up meeting RK and JK  and also a new unexpected friend JM. RK was the 1st one I saw and just behind her were JK and JM.  We met at Nariman Point and it was a totally fun evening!

Another friend I made thanks to blogger and I intend to meet as well is SDR.  I really like reading what she writes.  Her post Perceptions, Vegan and Boyfriends is one of the best articles I've read!  Hope someday we are able to meet in person too. 

SB is another really really sweet and extremely fun person! She is my office best friend's (DS) childhood friend.  I added SB on FB after hearing all her stories / praises  from DS.  We had a common best friend but I think we mostly bonded over heavy issues.  Something peculiar about her is she is quiet a lot like me - soo talkative (sooo much more than me - I don't get to talk when she is talking!), extremely fun, very straight forward and we have realised over time that we have a LOT of similar likes / dislikes!  I call her the comic strip lady, she has a lot of potential to write (sadly she does not believe this) and those who know her can get to see this side of her if they are friends on FB or around her when she is in that mode :P hehe. I am yet to meet her in person, another person on the list of people I want to see :D

SC was a girl from the same college as me.. She was a year senior to me though.  (I'm not sure what impact my revelations will have on our friendship now but since this topic is such.. heregoes!) This happened about almost two years ago.  I received a call from a girl and she said she was in the same college as me she was my senior and had got my number from a common friend CS. She was working in Bangalore but was in Mumbai on a business trip and wanted to meet up.  She added me on FB and we had tons of common friends (the entire college crowd). Now there was something about this person.  I clearly remembered her name and also that she was my senior in college but the thing with the brain is when you remember names it also does a lookup on the face.  When I went through her profile on FB there was no flashback! She called again the next day - it was the weekend.  she had to do some shopping and also was keen to meet up.  Now I could not tell her that I did not remember her face, I thought may be if I met her in personally I might remember her.  So I did, but still nothing! That was really weird because I claim to have a good memory but I just could not remember her! It was like a whole person was wiped out of my mental records.  But yet I did not tell her that.  The whole time we spoke of college, work and the kind of people we meet, life, etc. in the background my brain was desperately  trying to get a match. That whole evening I spent getting to know this person I had once known earlier.  Till date I am unable to recollect how she looked like in college (unless she dressed up like a Hobo or had a undergone plastic surgery or something - which I know is not true or possible!) That day I made friends with a person allover again whom I knew once upon a time and for some reason - which I still wonder - I'm unable to recollect! Bet that has never happened to anyone!

AS and I met in a camp in Dharwad, Karnataka in the summer of 2005.  We first met in the summer camp and then in the subsequent Pre Republic day selections camps that happened that year.  I was an Army cadet and she was a Naval cadet. Initially we did not like each other at all but it was a session of 'face reading' that brought the walls down :) After that we became really good friends and still are. I'm glad we met AS! On second thoughts the whole group of faces was really special!

DM is a friend I made 9 years ago! Way back in 2002 Yahoo chat was a rage like FB is now-a-days.   There used to be real people to chat with unlike today where chat rooms are full of predators.  Through the years we have stayed in touch somehow while not constantly being connected but catching up now and again.  I think it is an achievement we are good friends till today is because through all those changed numbers and e-mail addresses we still managed to be in touch.  We finally met in the real world about 2 years ago before that we had not even exchanged pictures or anything (none that I remember)!

So these are some of my friends.  From the above listed interesting people I think SC story tops the list... Unless someone tells me that is normal :P

3 comments:

  1. wah wah wah...
    Majja aagaya padhke... All thnx to fb. Fb na hota toh hum bhi nahi milte...
    Arey no no.. We wud have met anyhow.. Sab pehele se likhela tha.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention, Nivedita! We met online courtesy a common friend but yes through blogger coz he never introduced us formally. :D And how come we never met on Yahoo chat all those years ago...around the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bijoy :)

    @Pinky - you are right, We do have a common friend but it was blogger :).. and Yahoo i think because may be then we weren't in the room at the same time:P

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it :)