Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Nikon!

My beloved camera is now no more.... I might sound silly to you if you don't know my love for pictures.  But what happened is truly heart breaking (for me atleast!).  I carried it around with me everywhere I went - everyday I took it to office in my bag in the hope that I might see something that is worth capturing.  And well I was able to get some really nice shots. I had bought it from Dubai after exchanging it for a really bad Olympus cam (it had terrible clarity and I will never ever buy an Olympus).

I had clicked about 2500 odd picture in a span of 2 months.  2500 is not much is it? Well I was travelling and seeing lots of new things so I was lucky to have Nikon with me.  Let me tell you about my Nikon: It was a Coolpix model # S3100, 14 MP cam with 5X zoom and a slim cool blue  body.

Isn't it gorgeous!?

I don't think it's silly to cry over a broken camera. Anyone who love's camera and owns one will understand.  Especially if its a 2 month old baby and after just 2500 clicks! Ye bhi koi uamart hoti hai aisa kuch hone ki? I captured some funny, random, really good moments thanks to Nikon. One of my friend consoled me saying 'Smile, you know your Nikon loved to capture that' That did bring a huge smile on my face :D (LOL! Yea I can be soo dramatic sometimes hehe)  Well I get attached so those few things which I have with me. I'm a click-happy person and well.. that hurt!

Here's the last moment captured on my Nikon.  
Moments before the tragedy. How happy we were.
If you are curious how a brand new cam broke, well here's the story.. so here we were clicking pics about some nonsense argument happening (was funny - see our faces!) another friend was clicking the picture so I decided why not keep it on timer and everyone can fit in the same frame. so was trying to balance it on a CPU on the desk...Switched it on and the lens was up and awake ready to shoot. I set the timer and was about to let go... and somehow I did not completely.  I brushed against the cam and it fell on the desk, bounced off and fell on the floor! :-O (Yeah! was an OMG Ouch! moment) The lens was still out and it got stuck.. something inside had broken and it would not click or close! :(  I broke it... yes ME!! Guilty me! 

Are you wondering why I did not repair it? Its because the cost of repairs would have fetched me a brand new cam! :D

May my heart rest in peace and move on to a newer cam :D I'm all ready to fall in love all over again thanks to all the support from my friends and family during this trying time :)  I'm Cam hunting again :D

Update: I bought a new camera in November 2011 read about how beautiful it is here

7 comments:

  1. it's really very sad :( mere toh aansu nikal aaye aapke nikon ki maut ki khabar sunkar.

    May his soul get transfered to ur new nikon :P ab purane nikon ki asthiyaan Nariman Point me baha dena! That would be the best ever tribute :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nikki, I feel for your loss..Its not only living beings we mourn for..We do get attached to inanimate objects as well..be it a special pen (lucky one, we use to write exams with), watch, bag, anything..I remember crying for a visiting card..It was my friend's first visiting card & I was the first recipient, I lost it with my wallet..I felt so bad..Neway,that's life..:-) Cheer up & Smile Please as your friend rightly said, your Nikon would want you to do that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Nikki, thats sad, you have really put a soul in your Nikon with this blog.very well written.
    May your Nikon rest in peace!!
    Bhavesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bijoy!!! :D Kya likhte ho tum... its impossible to stay sad after reading your comments :D heheheh... yes Hope the soul transfers to the new cam i buy :)

    @ Rajul: You are very empathetic, thank you.. yes.. losing a friend's first ever visiting card I can imagine!

    @ Bhavesh: Thanks dost! I know my Nikon was a thing but you know.. some how felt like we were made for each other :P Nikki and Nikon.. sounds like it na :P (was that a lil too much heheh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my Olympus cam conked too right when I was on vacation Oct 1st...yikes...anyways used my phone to click pics n luckily the others had cams so got by...my things to buy list keeps expanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olympus!.. I don't have a god feeling about it.. Go for a Nikon, Canon or Sony.. these are reliable and I used all of these.. Except for Olympus I'm pleased with rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking very cute.. never mind the cam.. naya le lo :)

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it :)