Sunday, October 23, 2011

Why Do Cockroaches Fly?

This is going to be the most random article I've ever written.  I couldn't sleep and when I went to get some water saw a cockroach.  The instant reaction was trying to kill it but just as I was about to... It FLEW!!! I just hate it when they do that!!

Why did God create these six legged tentacled creatures? So we appreciate those creatures that are not creepy and make you want to kill them!? The thing is creepy as it is why give it wings?  It reminded me of the Peacock somehow (I know weird) because even though some of us think the peacock does not fly, it does when it needs to I guess (I've seen seen it!).

Now the Peacock is a creature of beauty and it look amazing when it flies - more like glides. From the trees / roof to lower ground, it can't fly like an eagle or a pigeon. May be it does I've not seen it - must do may be how does it get into the trees / on the roof then.  Hmmm.. I've moved on to a beautiful creature.  I tend to digress when I'm talking as well and it reminds me what a friend said to me "You have a wavering mind!" :P I start at point A and end up at 4th cross road Martin street heheh (I just did it again :P) .. Coming back to the point... why do they have wings? They have 6 legs to carry them faster.  Those 2 antenna thingy to warn then of direction / find food I guess... but they should not be allowed to fly! :( its just a little scary sometimes.  If they did it everyday like they were flying insects would be fine.. but they do it occasionally. It should be simple either fly or don't fly! They are like the amphibians - we learnt in school animals that reside on land and water.  So this is a pest bordering on flying and what is it they do..crawl, run? There must be a word for it :P

Here are a few facts about cockroaches I know thanks to some e-mail forwards and Google :D

Kill it before it flies!
A cockroach can stay alive for a whole week without its head -  A true pest huh! This makes me wonder what kind of a weirdo must have beheaded a roach and observed it for that long time to come to this conclusion.... Also, this is why we need to squish them - no amputating! :P

Cockroaches have been around since the time of Dinosaurs! :-O - They should be declared kings of pests!!

Some female cockroaches only mate once and stay pregnant for life! -That is just abnormal to think of... does the baby roach take birth when the mother dies then? What happens to it? Imagine what would happen if that happened to humans... errr lets not... creates a very disturbing image!

The next 2 facts really made me LOL! :P

Cockroaches can run up to 3 miles an hour - I imagined a roach on a treadmill and a guy (same one who beheaded his friend) with a stopwatch (heheahaha)

Cockroaches can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes! - Roach under water :P Some person must have had a lot of time to get to these facts! :P Must be people who are really curious about this and do a lot of Research! Poor pest had to suffer such harsh testing - would have been so much better off if it was killed instead :(

We consider this creature a pest because it lives off our food and also give off a terrible odor.  If it brings along family we call it an infestation... What is it's role in the food chain? eating scraps / garbage?  There must be a reason for it's existence... So if the worlds a stage then the role of this little thing must be to play the pest.. Doing really good pesty! :P

9 comments:

  1. see.. God made these jingoors to scare women. Par unhe kya pata tha ke aaj kal ki bhartiya naari ab jingoor se darti nahi balki maar deti hein.. :P and when God got to know about this, he gave wings to these jingoors :P

    life goes on you see :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. phahaha... jhingoor! :P hehe hmm right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cockroaches can run up to 3 miles an hour, Thats what you mentioned? However, How do you differentiate between a running and walking roach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea James!.. as i said.. some has really done a lot of research :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so last night I came home and walked into my House. I walked to the kitchen and heard a noise. One roach was on the ceiling flapping it's wings, another was on the kitchen wall. The one the wall was the biggest thing I've ever seen, and it flew. It looked like it flew at me! I took off running to my bedroom, slammed rhe door, jumped in bed, and covered my head with the blanket for the rest of the night. Now, I am wondering why; wtf! I have come to think it is a defense mechanism. They fly at u with purpose! I think over the years they have realized that by occasionally flying when the killers (humans) are around they may stay alive longer; it worked for them last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I see :) Still soo creepy when they do that!

      Delete
  6. Well, they are foods for birds and some other insects, so I guess they still have a role in the food chain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello admin,
    I have found your blog On MSN and rellay love your guidelines.
    Read my review best cockroach killer

    ReplyDelete
  8. howdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work.
    eliminare blatte

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it :)