Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Samosa Quest

If I had to choose to be any food in the world I'd choose to be a Samosa! I can never ever get tired of eating samosas.  Its one of my 'Happy' food! This article is just to proclaim my love for this food... No stories :P

Today as I left home to go to work as usual but soon as I got out of the building compound I thought I could smell samosas. I looked around to see if there was a samosa vendor nearby.  There's a school next to the building where I live and sometimes there are people who sell junk food / sweets, etc. to the school kids during recess or when they leave. No matter how many years pass there will always be these people outside the school who sell these things :) - I remember the man who sold samosas outside out school.  there was another who sold different flavoured ice-creams and kulfi.  Then there was a lady who sold a sweet (buddi ka baal :P) and sometimes cotton candy in a packet.  During the rainy season there was a man who sold sweet corn / bhutta (fried corn on the cob) and another who sold Guavas with a masala powder. There also used to be a Bhel Puri cart outside school... hmm those were some days! I was a road side foodie since those days (:P hehehe). 

Coming back to what happened today... So I was trying to look if I could spot the samosa seller and couldn't see outside the school but I was getting the aroma... they had to be around me somewhere! I spotted a boy carrying a tin dabba on his shoulder with a paper covering and I knew that's where the samosas must be! :) He was walking ahead of me about 12-15 feet away and I could smell the samosas! :P It was like the samosas were calling out to me much like the aroma of cheese pulls Jerry such that he almost floats toward it :P ... only I wasn't floating but you get the point :P

Since he was walking ahead of me I decided to anyway follow him and see where he will be taking the samosa - probably a shop to sell; they smelled really fresh and crispy I had to get one now! So I was walking behind wondering which shop he would enter to sell the samosas, I was getting hungry.  I realized he was taking the same route I do for the train station and was curious which shop he would turn to.  He did not go to any shop.. but he walked onto the station bridge I was wondering if he was going to the other side and wondered if I should still follow him.  What if he was going somewhere a little too far I could miss my train.  What to do.. samosa or train? While I thought I was stuck in a dilemma I noticed he was walking down onto the train platform.. phew! I thought if wasn't going to sell them is any shop I'd just buy them from him before he get's onto the train.  I saw him walking to a stall on the platform and he handed over the samosas to be sold! :) the moment I had been waiting for... I walked up to the stall and bought one (yes just one).  Nobody knew how long I had longed for it and since I had been following the aroma :D the quest finally ended and that samosa brought me a little bit of peace :)

I love food even otherwise but nothing can bring a smile on my face as a fresh crisp hot samosa I absolutely love it! :D I could never ever get bored of eating samosas. Doesn't matter even if I'm on a diet the Samosa goes on the exception list :D Its one of the items I cook well (ofcourse! Just had to learn to make this) Doesn't matter what kind it is - Samose ke maamle me koi bhed bhaav nahi, punjabi samosa ho ya patti samosa sabka swagat hai :)

Soul Food!

5 comments:

  1. the good old skool days relived...as a matter of fact was discussing wit a frnd on the similar lines b4 i read tis...supa like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. st.joseph's n its memories of samosas wid ur home a hop skip n jump away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sooo adorable.. and yeah.. this was the best, could imagine you floating like Jerry :p "It was like the samosas were calling out to me much like the aroma of cheese pulls Jerry such that he almost floats toward it :P ... only I wasn't floating but you get the point :P" lol

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it :)