Saturday, November 20, 2010

Three Bags Full

So here's my first attempt at  blogging after reading so many of my friends blogs.  My friends think I'm very talkative but the fact is I have things to share  (I consider myself a very quiet person) :P. So here goes nothing...

When I first left home I arrived in this big city (Mumbai) with just two big bags and a backpack. Over the years my luggage has increased depending on the cupboard space available.  Its funny as the space increases it also gets occupied leaving with again cupboard full of items.

Over a period of last 4.5 years i have shifted 3 times to different PG (Paying Guest) accomodations and have managed to adjust my saamaan in whatever space was available.  I go shop for new things only when I need them, agree there are times when I splurge on stuff  but that is only because I would be using it sometime in the future. When I'm out shopping I always think about the space remaining where I can stack up and that the total items I have can all be packed up in Three bags at any point in time (three because that is the total number of bags that I can manage to carry on my own).  Not a very good feeling.

I was out shopping last weekend and when i got home realised there was no more dumping space left! So this morning the first activity was to sort out everything in my cupboard and give away things that I have simply been hoarding.  Going through some old clothes I realised the amount of weight I had put on and how thin I was when I had first arrived here (that is a whole different story).  I clearly exceeded the limit of three bags and had to throw away old things (clothes, shoes and other things) and make space for the new ones.

Very often I wish I had my own place, not because I could shop and dump stuff at home but because I would not have to constantly think about moving.  I crave for stability, knowing only better change is the only thing constant.... until I settle down for good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey nikkss.. :)

    Good attempt.. Love the title, its catchy. :)
    The content is good.. :) for a first timer you did pretty good and i am sure i will see much more fasicinating blogs coming from your side.. :)

    Keep it coming.. I am already turning out to be your fan.. so do not disappoint.. :)

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting topic to chose to write about.. :)
    Sort of reminds me of my 1st day in Pune, landed at 3:30 AM in the morning with one bag and my Bike..
    Hmmm, That would make an interesting story to blog...
    Anyways keep them coming... :)
    Enjoy....

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it :)