Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Wait

The one skill I need to acquire is PATIENCE - not that I'm perfect otherwise. I think I'm one of those almost perfect people and I'm glad to be almost perfect instead of totally PERFECT else everyone around me would be soo jealous LOL!! (OK I'm digressing now :P back to the point) The toughest part in life is the wait, learning to wait.  

I think wait can be a silent killer or may be its not the wait but the anticipation of what could be.  I felt it would take an eternity to grow tall when I was little.. hmm now that was a random sentence (I've decided I'm not going to cancel anything I write and think aloud in this one) so yea, coming back to the point of waiting and anticipating.  I'm very impatient when it comes to the verbal hook (I just can't solve those funny riddles, I'd rather pester the person to give me the answer! :P)... and the friends who know that use it against me sometimes.  A friend sends me a text 'I need to tell you something'... Well Seems like she wants to check if I have the phone handy so I immediately reply 'Tell ME!'.. I mean why can't she just text me what it is.. why the I-have-something-to-tell mystery? 

Another friend of mine (now this is just for the pleasure he gets out of making me wait.. and I get soooo mad at him, I Can't describe!) so he calls me tells me 'There's something I have to tell you' and I say 'Yeah????' and he says 'I'll tell you when we meet in person' (Isn't that totally annoying!? I absolutely hate it!) I never annoy my friends like this because I understand the pain ( Pain? :P LOL) I think we humans love to create suspense and drama (why am I even surprised!) Why do you think Daily soaps are such a hit.. I think because people are nosy :P they want to know whats happening in other peoples life.  Then again the wait... the soaps make you wait and you wonder what will happen (do you even now-a-days? I think its totally predictable).

Another random thought about the waiting process - You know what I don't like about waiting too long? Its the fact that after you know you have waited for way longer than you should its making the decision to move on.  Just because we have invested that much time waiting of something to happen / appear you feel you can just put in a little more time.. it then sort of becomes like quick sand pulling you in deeper and deeper (that is the worst part). Its like waiting for the Buses in this city, after you have waited 30 minutes you know you will wait for another 10 minutes, but then even after another 15 more minutes there's no bus and you get into a Rickshaw... and soon as you start moving then you see the bus arriving (you feel worse when you see how freakin empty it is!!) Its just best to move on sooner if you don't find something than be stuck in one place because of the time already invested.  Moving on is good, change is always good. (did that sound like something from the book Who Moved my Cheese? Its just common sense I think but then that is so rare! :P)

They say the wait makes things seem worthwhile and if it weren't that we'd get bored even sooner. There's a lot I could write about this subject but I've run out of patience! So ending with quote I really love  :)


                 I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Margaret Thatcher

P.S.
I don't think I'm too impatient either.. I get like this when its gone beyond my patience limit :P

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Love it...I know its killing...suspense is killing me right now too...Anyways I know Ive said this before but absolutely love ur posts...u speak my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Good Nikki..
    Loved MT's quote :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe.. Thanks Pinky :D

    Thank you too Rajul :)

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it :)