Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ramblings

When I started this blog I was all excited and thought 'Finally I can start writing again'  So initially I wrote more than a couple articles in a week then it reduced and at a point there was none in a month even!  Then I thought may be I was too ambitious and thought of writing at least one article per week. How difficult can it be? Not too hard but I happen to be either very buzy or a little lazy and I'm unable to  keep my promise to self.  

There are times when I get ideas or lots of stories that I could write but I stop due to the above stated two reasons  but I blame the writers block (writers block!? :P haha) I confirmed with a few other blogger friends and they (genuinely) face the writers block too :)

So I was thinking about my recent schedule and there is no time to write stories in the normal hours.  I would have to stretch and cut back on my sleep (which I so love!) to write something (which I also love).  Generally I'm inspired to write somewhere around the hours of 1-3 am (which is middle of the night) and I am suppose to wake up by 9 but have been waking up by 10/ 10.30 am.  I have come to realize I need 8 hours of sleep and my body refuses to wake up till then :P

After I wake up I just have enough time to quickly shower get dressed and run to work and its almost noon. I have all my meals in the office cafeteria since I'm living by myself and can't bother shopping for vegetable / groceries and worry about what to cook tomorrow.  I have been living on the cafe food for the last 5 years and I must say God has been kind and I have not found any weird stuff life a cockroach leg or lizard's tail - you get the idea - in my food (either that or I must have gobbled everything down without looking :P).  Then I start work in the afternoon ad finish by 10.30 / 11 in the night (I work UK hours) by the time I get home its 11.30 / 12 depending on when I left.  

Once I get home I get online check what's happened in the FB world (that's the 1st site I check).  Thanks to the news feeds feature I get all updates in my home page :P.  A few notifications, comments, tags, posts, Birthday wishes, play with the FB Aquarium fishes - there was a time I was totally addicted to this fish aquarium game and reached a high level then something went wrong with it and I i stopped gaining points.  That put me off and I finally stopped playing. Next I log in to check my mails - Yahoo, Gmail and check updates from any other sites that I have registered on.  Chat with friends, message friends, forward jokes / mails, etc. Then I log in to blogger and check the Blog Stats :P Bet everybody who writes does this :D I just like to know if someone visited my site today - there's nothing wrong in that.  So when the number of people who visited is zero for a day that's when I feel I REALLY need to post something new.  I look at the time and realise its suddenly 2 AM!! I need to sleep now and I also wish to write.. kya karne ka? I have to sleep if its a week day else I can then think about writing something new.

I have a few ideas that I really want to write about but I'm a perfectionist and can't share half  written articles.  I know a lot is happening around and I should may be just write but I can't I'm too buzy to write :P

Well seems like I managed to crib (not really :P) and explain what happens most days.  This is the result of pushing myself to write something ... anything nonsensical (because just one person visited today :P hehe) because I want to write and what do you know its just 1.15 am and I have managed to write something alright! Reading it back I remember what a friend once told me.. I have a wavering mind and I think the title Chronicles of the Wandering Mind suits just fine :D

I'm expecting some very critical comments, tell me people how bad was this article :P

7 comments:

  1. They are few people in life , who show case their little tortures of life and still love it .

    i like it - keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe :) nice 1,
    Cockroach's leg and lizard tail sounds interesting :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting reading all this about you. Besides your tales, we also get a sneak peek into your life. :)And yes, I think its true for all writers...we all face a writers block at some time...and guess with regular jobs and other chores it becomes tough to write everyday. :) But keep writing whenever you can and we'll keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful descrition of a Bloggers life who also wrks and slogs it out...hehe..good one Nikki...keep writing...even though u say these are nonsensical..its the way of LIFE nd u describe it well..nd tats wat we like it best.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You people are too kind! Thanks for your review... I now have a very nice article coming up.. hope you like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont know abt others. but I liked it.. mainly b coz it had a lots of smileys :D and casual sentences which gave it a personal touch rather than being overly professional :)
    b coz i hate being too professional :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading. I think its a very similar story for everyone who's worked UK hours and lived by themselves (Again UK hours :) ), so I can kind of relate to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it :)